Translate

Monday, October 19, 2009

Random Thoughts

RL101909-MON-I woke up thinking that all sellers try to get the bicameral brain working so that we take commands as if from the gods. Authority of voices from heaven so to speak to deliver us from evil and deliver their products to your door with additional shipping and handling charges. We must be divinely convinced that we can’t live without the secret of some such product. Sometimes it may be true but you can bet the majority of times it’s not. The godmen who have slain thousands of dragons can tell you how to do it too. It occurs to me that everyone is in an individual situation that is particular to him and following a cookbook recipe might not cut it. Since I am inclined not to do that I guess I won’t know until I do. I teach techniques in martial art that way though because I will say do it just like this while demonstrating a technique. I see that differently somehow though. No matter what there are nuances that can’t be taught to all because of stages of development. You must be developed enough to be able to recognize, get, feel, see, understand, or appreciate what it is. You can get by without it, you feel you don’t need it and it’s somewhat true, you can and don’t really. But if you want to be on the next level it’s something that becomes a must. I’ve come to think that most nuances must be found while training because as I say it’s not something easily taught. When you find one it is an edge and that must be why Musashi keeps saying that you must think on this deeply and constantly. That’s why Bo said it is what it is. I remember his pronouncing maneuver and it sounded like mani-over. Nobody else knew what he was talking about and that’s an example of a nuance.
To Chris Knowles: Princeton professor Julian Jaynes in his book “The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind” asserts that civilization was the result of hallucinations of the ancients. He does not say that it was due to entheogens but due to the structure and evolution of the brain, which could have been influenced by entheogens. I don’t want to repeat his entire thesis but it would be interesting for your perusal I’m sure. This is the third time I’ve read the book and only now does it make sense. He talks about Osirus, Apollo, Mayan and Cherokee mythology and archeological discoveries around the world. Now that I have a background of other material I can invision a relation with Sitchin’s work as well. One of the most poignant things he reports is a dig at Eynan and the king’s tomb dating to 9000BC where the skeletons were oriented to Mt. Hermon only thirty miles away and he references the Osirus myth as having possibly begun.

No comments: