Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Maladies

When I was younger I remember listening to the adults talk about how many medications they were on and for what maladies they were being treated. It was like the person who had the most problems was the winner of some kind of contest. At the time it made me want to take pills and such so I could get some recognition and it made think that the answer to all problems could be found in pill form. After many years and studying the concept I finally rejected it. I proudly take no pills for any malady today. When I go for a physical which was work required I get to say I'm on no medication and have no allergies except to bullshit medical claims. I'm sure I've mentioned the fact that all the commercials for drugs on TV have disclaimers telling the possible side effects of their drugs. The fact is that the side effects are the effects of the drugs and you have to be a gambling fool to think that it won't happen to you if you take those poisons. Drink alcohol, smoke whatever you want and go about your business and you'll likely be better off than if you get medicated by your doctor. It's business for them, repeat business that is; take this for that for a while and come back to see me for an evaluation in some time frame and we can adjust or modify your dosage and charge you for the visit. Take care of yourself, learn something and don't trust anything to so called experts that you don't research. Look up iatrogenic, it's not even in my Webster's New World dictionary but iatrics is and that is not supported by my computer dictionary. Basically it is death caused by treatment of maladies. You are more likely to die from certain treatments than from the malady and that's why you have to do your own research and not rely on those who make money or rather their livelihood from treating you with the best drugs money can buy which buys the prescribers of drugs to give them to you. Disclaimer: I am no doctor and don't give medical advice. Ask your physician if you have any questions about the above opinions. Do you understand?

No comments: