Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Beginning

With every new beginning something comes to and end. I am changing my employment status in the near future. Those I currently work with have already given me the boot so to speak at least mentally. I've seen it in the past many times. As soon as someone leaves the only question is by whom will they be replaced and it is hoped that person won't be a bigger asshole. Thing is, I expected it so I'm not shocked.
In this scenario nothing is remembered of anything substantial one has contributed and if one is talked about at all it is mostly where others can construe that you F'd-up.
That leads me to comment that today is the day MLK Jr. was assassinated back in '68. I was a kid in JR. High school and barely noticed. I pay attention now because I realize it will always be relevant realistically and metaphorically in relation to the previous paragraph. The killing of one's enemies is so much easier than fighting their ideas, in fact it takes much more to destroy the ideas than the person. The person stands for something; it is usually the something they stand for that is feared or hated much more than the person. It is just aberrational thinking on the part of the fearer/hater/paid thug that they strike out at the person because they can only eradicate him and not for what he stands.
On a much smaller scale diminishing or ignoring a persons "bona fides" is a minor assassination of that person. There are ways to protect one's self from these comparatively minor attacks so that the little irritations bounce off like raindrops on an umbrella or for the more dramatically inclined, like bullets off Superman.

No comments: